A Guide to Floor Refinishing Services
Are you having your floor refinished? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. Here’s what to expect with floor refinishing services:
- Assessment: Floor refinishing services begin with a thorough assessment of your existing flooring.
- Type of Flooring: Identify the type of flooring you have. Different flooring materials require specific refinishing methods.
- Sanding: It involves removing the existing finish and a thin layer of wood to reveal a fresh surface. This step eliminates scratches, stains, and imperfections.
- Repair: Damaged areas are repaired during the refinishing process. Gaps, cracks, and holes are filled and smoothed to ensure a uniform appearance.
- Staining (if applicable): If you desire a change in color or want to refresh the existing stain, this is the stage where staining occurs.
- Sealing and Finish: After sanding and any necessary staining, a protective finish is applied to seal the wood and provide durability.
- Drying and Curing: The newly refinished floor needs time to dry and cure. It’s essential to follow the recommended drying period before moving furniture back into the space.
- Cleanup: Professional floor refinishers will thoroughly clean the area after completing the work, ensuring that your space is left in excellent condition.
To prolong the life of your newly refinished floor, follow proper maintenance practices, such as using area rugs, avoiding high heels, and promptly cleaning up spills. While DIY refinishing kits are available, it’s often best to hire experienced professionals. That can ensure a high-quality result and save you time and effort.